Once we meandered our way to the gate, we were divided into groups: The Millens, The Bell(e)s, and The Rays. We kind of just sat there for a little while before it occurred to us that we had to eat breakfast. I went to Starbucks, and had some oatmeal. This is probably the last healthy meal I have had. Chaney then dragged Dia and me to Hudson News, where we got headphones and tabloids and candy and all the important things that we can't live without. We later got on a small plane....I mean SMALL....I am usually not scared of tight spaces, but this plane seemed miniscule! However, we all arrived at the Houston Airport safe and sound. If I had one word for the Houston Airport, it would be GARGANTUAN! It was so hard to navigate and change terminals, but we somehow managed to find the gate. I went with Dia and Chaney just to explore the mall...I mean airport. We (the sophmores) ate lunch at a little 50's style diner, then we traveled around on the moving sidewalks. Finally our plane arrived and we got on board. I sat next to a trumpet player from New Orleans who basically fell asleep the first second we left the ground. I watched one of the in-flight movies, Made of Honor. We ate the nasty plane food...ugh...I moved seats so that I was nearer to the SMS group. I sat down next to a guy who was sleeping, so when he woke up he jumped when he saw me. I slept on the plane...sort of... I don't recommend sleeping on planes at all! When I woke up, I watched The Suite Life on Deck because...well...because....well...I don't know why! We had nasty plane breakfast. Once we landed we went through customs pretty quickly, and got our baggage. We got ion the bus with the specific instructions to not sleep on the way to La Giraudiere or else our sleeping patterns would be messed up. Basically, everyone slept on the way to the chateau because the ride to the chateau was 6 hours. The ride was supposed to be 2 hours long. Finally we arrived at the most beautiful country chateau imaginable: La Giraudiere!!!!!!!!!
It has been wonderful in France! I miss my family, but I am having a wonderful time! The people here at the chateau are just delightful, and I will be rather sad to leave!!!
Love,
Helena Kathryn Anderson
It has been wonderful in France! I miss my family, but I am having a wonderful time! The people here at the chateau are just delightful, and I will be rather sad to leave!!!
Love,
Helena Kathryn Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment