It all started at the 12th chime of the bell-- midnight. Meg Gould and I were unwinding from a fun filled day basking in the sun on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Whilst chatting about our day and folding laundry, a sudden fluttering caught the eye of one Meg Nickle Gould. "BIRD!" she shrieked as a black winged animal darted just past me into the corner of our room. My instincts told me to flee, which was exactly what I did. In the search for assistance, I managed to sprint the 2nd flight of stairs to Doc. Millen's room. In my haste, I knocked on his door, with urgency. "Just a minute," he responded. Whilst I was away, Meg was jumping on the bed (with bravery), throwing hair ties in the direction of the "bird." Finally, Doc came to the door. "Um... there is some sort of dark creature flying about in our room." "Oh" was the response I received. Walking down the stairs, we were greeted by the shrieks of Meg, still on the bed. Doc valiantly charged across the room to kick the bag in which the creature was using as a hiding place. Alas, no flutter, no noise. Once more he kicked the bag. Again no flutter, no noise. Suddenly a clatter was heard across the room. We turned our heads simultaneously to catch a glimpse of what we thought was a bird, but in actuality it was a BAT with a wingspan of approximately 9 1/2 inches of pure jet black terror. Doc leapt to his feet, knowing exactly what to do. He sprinted down the stairs, closely followed by Meg. I had had enough action for the night and decided to observe from the 2nd story stairwell. Downstairs, a commotion was brewing between Doc, Meg, and Bat. Returning from the first floor, news reached me of the bats escape into the shadows of the house. Unalarmed by the fact tat the bat had made its way to Muhammad (our friendly helper of the chateau)'s room, Doc prompted us to close our doors and windows to prevent the bat, or any other night creatures, from entering our room. "What about Muhammad?!" Meg and I screamed at once. Doc convinced us that the bat was harmless and our near death experience was coming to an end. When we recounted the story to Margaret and Whitney, the other two members of our room, they were quite upset that they missed out on the action. Alas, the whereabouts of the bat are still unknown. Chateau? Bus? Barn? The mystery still remains.
As told by Bria with additions by Meg
HILARIOUS!! Glad you all emerged "unnibbled"
ReplyDelete